Do you need help?
Text the keyword “4hope” to 741 741 to be connected to a trained Crisis Counselor within 5 minutes.
Any person may need help in coping with a stressful situation. Reach out by text to communicate with someone trained to listen and respond in a method that is private, secure and confidential.
The Crisis Text Line is a free, confidential service available 24/7 via text on mobile devices.
Throughout Ohio, you can text the keyword “4hope” to 741 741 to be connected to a trained Crisis Counselor. Data usage while texting Crisis Text Line is free and the number will not appear on a phone bill with the mobile service carrier. People of all ages can use Crisis Text Line.
Crisis One on One
Check out Ohio's Live Crisis Text Data Dashboard
To become a trained crisis counselor, you must be over 18, go through a rigorous applications process that includes a background check, and receive 34 hours of web-based training. Apply through crisistextline.org.
Since the COVID-19 crisis began, Ohio has seen an increase in our Crisis Text Line conversations. Anxiety and Stress are the number one issues that Ohioans are texting in about. Despite the increase in need, Crisis Text Line's model has always been leveraging volunteers at home, on their couch. Crisis Text Line is still available for free, 24/7, at your fingertips- Just text "4hope" to 741-741.
And there's good news- Crisis Text Line is growing! By 2022, Crisis Text Line will be available everywhere in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Arabic.
Check out Crisis Text Line's New Podcast:
New: Crisis Text Line releases "Everybody Hurts" Report
Crisis Text Line has just released their first-ever national report with findings of the underlying reasons people are in crisis. Everybody Hurts: The State of Mental Health in America spotlights state-specific trends of who and when people are in crisis to create solutions that will alleviate that pain.
2018 We are the Majority Rally
13 Reasons Why
- New York Times When Passion and Technology Meet
- Dayton Daily News Ohio Uses Marketing Muscle to Push New Crisis Text Line
- Plain Dealer Crisis texting hotline has been successful in Ohio, officials say
- WOSU 89.7 State and Communities Promote Crisis Text Line
- WKBN-TV Crisis text line launches to instantly connect people with counselors
- WOIO-TV Ohio launches system for those in crisis to text for help
- Circleville Herald Feeling depressed?
- Canton Repository Ohio's suicide prevention texting program started in Stark
- Massillon Independent Ohio's suicide prevention texting program started in Stark
- Columbus Dispatch Suicide prevention moves to text messaging
- Associated Press Ohio launches system for those in crisis to text for help