The Ohio Community Recovery Support Planning Council (OCRSPC) advises OhioMHAS on the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Block Grants and advocates for persons with mental health and/or substance use disorders. More than half of the members are required to be persons with personal or family experience with mental health or addiction. The Council also includes representatives of providers, other state agencies and advocacy organizations. Each year, Planning Council reviews Ohio’s Block Grant Plan and provides a list of recommendations to the department, and head of SAMHSA.
For more information on becoming a member, please see below.
2021 Planning Council Meeting Schedule (Tentative)
All meetings will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams until further notice. Links and dial-in instructions will be provided one week prior to meetings.
- Friday, February 26th - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Friday, Apr 30th - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Friday, June 25th - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Friday, August 27th - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Friday, October 29th - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Friday, December 17th - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Meeting Minutes and Block Grant Recommendations
Applying for Block Grants
- New projects from Block Grant funds are awarded through a competitive Request for Proposal and are posted on the Funding Opportunities page.
- For announcements of new funding opportunities, subscribe to our NewsNow eNewsletter. Subscribe Here
- See Allocation Guidelines for awards of Block Grant funds to county Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Boards.