NewsNow - 03.30.2021
Ohio CareLine Recognized With Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Foundation ‘Enlightenment Award’
Latest COVID-19 Fact Sheet Available
RFP: 2021 Forensic Conference Planning and Management (MHA-FY22-MED-ForensicCon-01)
Intersecting Pandemics: The Opioid Epidemic and COVID-19 -- April Webinar Series
- April 6 | The State of Affairs: COVID-19 and the Opioid Epidemic in Ohio | Agenda and Registration
- April 13 | Treatment and Community Interventions for Opioid Use Disorder | Agenda and Registration
- April 20 | Public Health, Prevention, and Community Interventions | Agenda and Registration
- April 27 | COVID-19, Opioid-Use Disorder, and Criminal Justice Reform | Agenda and Registration
Ohio Children’s Alliance Annual Conference Call for Workshop Proposals Now Open
G.A.P. Network Annual Conference – April 21-22
Join Prevention Action Alliance and the G.A.P. Network for this year’s virtual annual conference, “Gaining Ground” on April 21-22. The two-day event will feature national speakers and will discuss the grief of losing a loved one to substance misuse or otherwise and advocating for prevention. Registration is separate for each day and free to all. If you would like a loved one to be honored in a conference tribute video, please send a name and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click HERE for more information and to register.
- April 1 | 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m. | MMJ.THC.CBD.OMG. The Employer’s Challenge
- April 1 | 3-4:15 p.m. | The Missing Piece: Identifying Partner-Inflicted Brain Injuries as a Prevention Strategy
- April 8 | 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m. | Vaping and COVID-19: Is There Something I’m Missing?
- April 15 | 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m. | Factors Associated With Suicidal Ideation Among Transgender Individuals
- April 22 | 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m. | Engaging the Firearm Community in Suicide Prevention
- April 29 | 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m. | Reversing the Trend of Irreversible Actions: Teen Suicide Prevention
- May 6 | 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m. | Suicide Risk in Uncertain Times
New SAMHSA Publications Counter Underage Drinking
- After High School: Talking with Your Young Adult About Alcohol- This fact sheet informs parents how to effectively talk to their young adult about the risks of underage drinking.
- Be Prepared to Have the Difficult Conversation- This data visualization illustrates the correlation between alcohol use and other substance use to inform parents/guardians and communities.
- Take Action to Prevent Underage Alcohol Use- This data visualization illustrates the steady decline of alcohol use amongst adolescents, informing parents/guardians and communities that taking action against underage drinking is effective.
- Getting Ahead of a Problem- This data visualization illustrates the drinking habits of adolescents to inform parents/guardians and communities.
- Prevent Unsafe Drinking Behaviors on Campus- This data visualization illustrates heavy alcohol use and binge drinking statistics amongst college age youth to inform colleges and communities.
In the News