Stage I: Gambling, Problem Gambling & Ohio’s Service System provides 12 continuing education hours* of gambling specific education that will increase participants’ knowledge and understanding of the current climate of gambling and gambling expansion, problem gambling risks and warning signs, at-risk populations and co-morbidities of problem gambling with substance abuse and mental illness.
This training will also provide an introductory view of screening and assessment along with current treatment models, such as Motivational Interviewing and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, to treat problem gambling. Furthermore, this training also discusses new and emerging trends in gambling and gaming, along with legislative updates and how to work with and engage your agency, board and community. Participants will hear form experts in the field of prevention and treatment, recovery advocates and partners in regulation and operation.
Even though this is a virtual training, it is an expectation that attendees have operational webcams, as participation and engagement will be critical.
- Recognize current trends and date specific to Ohio’s gambling and gaming landscape
- Learn the risks and warning signs of problematic gambling
- Understand co-morbidities of gambling addiction, substance abuse and mental illness
- Become familiar with screening tools to identify gambling addiction
Explore current treatment models such as MI and CBT to treat problem gambling
- Become familiar with other support services and available resources
For additional details and to register, visit PGNOhio.org/EVENTS